Top Rated Cockroach Exterminator
Cockroach Control Services
No one wants to find these pesky critters lurking around their home or workplace. Cockroaches can measure over 50 mm (2 in) in length, with some species tending to be larger than those in other, warmer climates. Cockroaches have six legs, two antennae, and some even have wings. With flat, oval-shaped bodies, cockroaches are often oily to the touch and can be cool or warm, depending on the temperature of their environment. Cockroaches in the house are better at hiding than you are at finding them, and their eggs are naturally protected from many over-the-counter insecticides and are elusive in cockroach traps. Without special equipment, materials and know-how, pest control for cockroaches can be a losing battle.
Getting rid of cockroaches requires a method that includes two successive sprays and luring since they cannot be killed in a single shot. Each request should be executed separately for two weeks. This plan generally calls for three visits depending on the activity level. Our Cockroach Control Services has been highly effective. Give us a call today for a free estimate!
Contact Us Today!
Phase 1: Spray
The initial application of insecticidal spray will kill the most active cockroaches and may successfully reduce the roach population within the unit. Our technician can evaluate the units and recommend second treatment techniques during the initial visit (such as 2nd spray VS baiting depending on the level of activities).
Phase 2: Spray
We must carry out a second insecticidal spray on particular strongly infected apartments. During the interval between the first and second applications, the spray will kill cockroaches hatched from the tough egg casings. A second spray treatment is essential because no chemical can destroy the eggs, especially for flats and townhouses.
For some heavily infested units, we have to carry out the 2nd insecticidal spray to these units. The spray application will kill the cockroaches that have hatched from the tough egg cases during the period from 1st application to 2nd application. Any chemical cannot kill the eggs; therefore 2nd, spray application is vital, especially for apartments and townhouses.
Phase 3: Baiting
Cockroaches require a method that includes two successive sprays and luring since they cannot be killed in a single shot. Each application should be made two weeks apart. Depending on the degree of activity, this method typically needs three visits.
After the completion of two spray treatments, we will conduct a follow-up inspection and a baiting treatment following the last spray. This bait will persist for a long time and will prevent any stragglers or cockroaches that may be present in the neighbouring apartments.
Ecopest is the most trusted pest management service provider for cockroach treatment. We have extensive expertise dealing with all types of pests, including cockroach treatment in Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon and other parts of Canada, as the indisputable specialists in pest control service.
The most prevalent cockroach in Canada is the German cockroach. It has a flattened oval body with long spiny legs and measures 15 mm when fully developed. Both males and female have wings. It is light brown with two black lines running lengthwise on the thorax. Other species include the American Cockroach, Oriental Cockroach, and Brown-banded Cockroach.
Adults are around 1-1/2 cm long and reddish-brown and have well-developed wings covering the whole abdomen length. The men and women are both completely winged. The male wings stretch slightly across the abdominal tip, whereas the female wings are roughly the same length as the abdomen. Nymphs look similar but are smaller and have no wings. American cockroaches can fly but rarely do in northern areas of the United States and Canada. The American cockroach can be identified by its large size and reddish-brown colour with faded yellow edges on the thorax. This is the largest cockroach found in houses. Females can hatch up to 150 offspring per year. Cockroaches don’t get their wings until they become adults.
The two lighter stripes across their dark brown bodies are called brown cockroaches. In addition to the noticeable bandage, male wings are full and extend past the tip of their somewhat sharp abdomen. In contrast, female wings are considerably shorter than the large, rounded belly.. The lighter band markings are much more distinct in nymphs than in adults of either sex. Both adults and nymphs can be distinguished by the two brownish, broad bands across the body at the base of the abdomen and mid-abdomen. Both males and females are quite active; adult males fly readily when disturbed. They are light brown, about 1/2 inches long, have two light, irregular bands along with their wings. The German Roach has two dark, distinctive bands behind their heads.
They don’t require the same moisture resources as the German Roaches, so they are commonly found in furniture or on ceilings.
It takes three to four months to develop from eggs to adults, and the cockroach may survive for up to one year. Female cockroaches can generate an egg capsule containing 40 eggs discarded before hatching. Every female in her lifetime may generate up to 8 egg cases.
Damage Caused by Cockroaches
Cockroaches do not damage buildings or plants and are the second most important source of house flying during a spreading illness. Cockroaches are able, because of their migration across various environments, including waste pile piles or sewers, to spread diseases for many, including salmonella bacteria, polio, and many sorts of viruses. They are a significant problem in many hospitals, hotels, restaurants, bakeries, butcher shops, and multi-unit residences. In drains and cracks, they are found around sinks, behind stoves and refrigerators. Cockroaches are active year-round and attract food, water, warmth and shelter. They eat anything and, in particular, products containing starch. They are nocturnal insects which means that they are most active at night, and any sudden light will cause them to scurry for shelter. Cockroaches can be found under the cleanest of conditions, wherever food and warmth are present. Contact a professional like us if you have a cockroach problem in your home, office, or any other location and want to get rid of them. Ecopest is a leading professional in cockroach treatment Regina.
Where to Look for Cockroaches
Cockroaches spend the day hiding in the dark, secluded areas and come out to eat at night. They can be found around the kitchen sink or drainboard, in cracks around or underneath cupboards and cabinets, or inside them (especially in the upper corners), behind drawers, around pipes or conduits (where they run along or through the wall), behind windows or door frames, behind loose baseboards or moulding strips, on the underside of tables and chairs, in the bathroom, and in radio and television receivers. The German cockroach is most commonly seen in the kitchen and bathroom, though it can be found elsewhere in the house. Contact a professional like us if you have a cockroach problem in your home, office, or any other location and want to get rid of them. Ecopest is a leading professional pest control service provider for cockroach treatment in Canada.
The elimination of cockroaches is a challenging and time-consuming project. There are several developed products that Ecopest Inc. has available for application, and due to the nature of cockroaches, an Ecopest Inc. professional may need to be consulted for complete elimination.
Poor sanitation is the root cause of the majority of roach infestations. The leading cause of cockroach infestation is an unclean living environment caused by poor housekeeping. More significantly, roaches are mobile pests that may quickly transfer from one unit to another through wall cavities and plumbing lines. As a result, we strongly advise examining any necessary preventative maintenance on nearby units in apartment complexes or townhouses.
As the undisputed experts in pest control service, we have vast experience dealing with all forms of pests, including cockroach treatment in Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, and other regions of Canada.
Do it yourself tips – Cockroach
Methods of Cockroach Control
– An integrated pest management approach is the most effective cockroach control method.
Prevention and Sanitation
– Prevention and sanitation can be divided into four categories:
– Elimination of food
– German cockroaches can initially infest a structure when infested grocery bags are brought inside. Inspect groceries for cockroaches before storing them. Keep grocery bags in outside storage areas.
– Cockroaches breed prolifically in corrugated cardboard boxes. Discard unnecessary boxes immediately.
– Dwellings such as apartments that are separated by a common wall are complicated situations. An infestation can migrate between apartments via the plumbing encased in a common wall. Therefore, cockroaches from one apartment can easily migrate to another apartment, infesting a “clean” dwelling. To help prevent this, caulk holes in common walls and around the plumbing.
Elimination of Water Sources
– Water is the most crucial factor in cockroach survival. German cockroaches can survive only 12 days with food but no water. However, if only water is present with no food, cockroaches can survive for 42 days.
Eliminate water sources by doing the following:
– Tighten or patch leaky pipes in kitchen and bathroom areas.
– Do not let water stand in sinks for long periods.
– Do not over-water indoor plants because accumulated water will be available to cockroaches.
– Empty pans under refrigerators are used to catch water from condensation.
– Be aware that pet drinking dishes, aquaria, and pipe condensation (under sinks, in wall voids) can also be sources of moisture.
Elimination of Food Sources
– Cockroaches do not need large amounts of food to survive, especially in the presence of water. Furthermore, food sources can compete with cockroach baits, decreasing their effectiveness.
Elimination of food sources includes:
– Store and dispose of garbage properly. The highest concentration of cockroaches in a home is usually around the garbage can and the refrigerator.
– Seal garbage can lids to prevent cockroaches from accessing food sources. Also, keep garbage areas clean by wiping frequently.
– Dump sink filters frequently to prevent food build-up.
– Wash dishes immediately after use. Dishes left unwashed constitute a significant source of food for a kitchen infestation.
– Keep kitchen appliances such as toasters, toaster ovens, microwaves, stoves, ovens, and refrigerators free of crumbs and other food debris. In addition, clean the areas around these appliances.
– Reseal all food after opening or storing in the refrigerator.
– Seal pet food tightly. Do not leave food and water out all the time.
– Regularly vacuum or sweep under and around furniture where people eat, such as the dining room table. Vacuuming can also remove cockroach egg cases that insecticides will not kill. Remember to promptly dispose of the vacuum cleaner bag in an outdoor container.
Elimination of Harbourages
– In addition to food and moisture, cockroaches require a place to live. The cockroach harbourage is critical to its survival. Cockroaches prefer dark places that are warm and moist. Places that provide tight spaces such as stacks of newspaper or cardboard, piles of clothing, or cracks and crevices in structures are ideal.
Eliminate harbourages by doing the following:
– Seal cracks and crevices. Adult cockroaches can fit into cracks only about 1/16 inch and prefer spaces of about 3/8 inch.
– Keep clutter such as newspapers, bags, and clothing from accumulating
Ecopest is the most trusted pest management service provider for cockroach treatment. Contact a professional if you face cockroaches in your home or office or any place and want to get rid of them.
We have extensive expertise in dealing with all types of pests. As the indisputable specialist in pest control services, including cockroach treatment in Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, and other parts of Canada.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions – Cockroach
We need to get rid of cockroaches in our house because this is very annoying, unpleasant and not good to our health. This kind of pests brings different diseases that harm our kids or our family. This is widespread problem in our house and very dirty if contaminate into our food it could cause food poison.
Yes, it is very dangerous to our health because this kind of pest brings different kinds of diseases to our body.
It is very hard to look for the hiding place of the cockroaches in the morning because cockroaches are nocturnal pests. Cockroaches are nocturnal which means that they will only start showing in the night.
Cockroaches are always hiding in the very corner in our house that is dark. This is could be found always in the corner of the cabinet, and also in the kitchen sink that is why we need to clean our kitchen every after we use it to prevent cockroaches in contaminating our kitchen tools.
The best way to kill cockroaches is to consult pest control professionals. If you want to do it yourself then you find the hiding place of the cockroaches and use pesticide to get rid of roaches, if you want you can also call Ecopest and ask advice on how to get rid of cockroaches or buy pesticides at Ecopest store.
Yes, this is the best way how to get rid of cockroaches naturally in our house. We need to clean our house always in order to prevent not only cockroaches but also other pests in the house. Also we are not only preventing pests in cleaning but also we can prevent different kinds of diseases.
Disease that we can get from cockroaches is usually a food poisoning which the cockroach contaminates the food or the utensils that we are using. This is also one of the reasons why our children are easily got sick because cockroaches bring different kinds of bacteria which lower our immune system.