Pest Control Services
Cockroach Treatment in Edmonton
Getting rid of cockroaches requires a method that includes two successive sprays and luring since they cannot be killed in a single shot. Each request should be executed separately for 2 weeks. In general, this plan calls for 3 visits depending on the activity level.
Phase 1: Spray
The initial application of insecticidal spray will kill the majority of active cockroaches and may successfully reduce the roach population within the unit. Our technician can evaluate the units and give recommendations for second treatment techniques during the initial visit (such as 2nd spray VS baiting depending on the level of activities).
Phase 2: Spray
We must carry out a second insecticidal spray on certain strongly infected apartments. During the interval between the first and second applications, the spray will kill cockroaches that have hatched from the tough egg casings. Because no chemical can destroy the eggs, a second spray treatment is essential, especially for flats and townhouses.
For some heavily infested units, we have to carry out the 2nd insecticidal spray to these units. The spray application will kill the cockroaches that have hatched from the tough egg cases during the period from 1st application to 2nd application. As a matter of fact, any chemical cannot kill the eggs, therefore 2nd spray application is highly necessary, especially for apartments and townhouses.
Phase 3: Baiting
Cockroaches require a method that includes two successive sprays and luring since they cannot be killed in a single shot. Each application should be done two weeks apart. Depending on the degree of activity, this method normally needs three visits.
Following the completion of two spray treatments, we will conduct a follow-up inspection, as well as a baiting treatment following the last spray. This bait will persist for a long time and will prevent any stragglers or cockroaches that may be present in the neighboring apartments.
Ecopest is the most trusted pest management service provider for cockroach treatment. We have extensive expertise dealing with all types of pests including cockroach treatment Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon and other parts of Canada, as the indisputable specialists in pest control service.
The most prevalent cockroach in Canada is the German cockroach. It has a flattened oval body with long spiny legs and measures 15 mm when fully developed. Both the male and female have wings. It is light brown in appearance with two black lines running lengthwise on the thorax. Other species include the American Cockroach, Oriental Cockroach, and Brown-banded Cockroach.
Adults are around 1-1/2 cm long and reddish-brown and have well-developed wings which cover the whole abdomen length. The men and women are both completely winged. The male wings stretch slightly across the abdominal tip, whereas the female wings are roughly the same length as the abdomen. Nymphs look similar but are smaller and have no wings. American cockroaches are capable of flying but rarely do in northern areas of the United States and Canada. The American cockroach can be identified by its large size and reddish-brown color with faded yellow edges on the thorax. This is the largest cockroach found in houses. Females can hatch up to 150 offspring per year. Cockroaches don’t get their wings until they become adults.
The two lighter stripes they have across their dark brown bodies are called brown cockroaches. In addition to the noticeable bandage, male wings are full and extend past the tip of their somewhat sharp abdomen, whereas female wings are considerably shorter than the large, rounded belly.. The lighter band markings are much more distinct in nymphs than in adults of either sex. Both adults and nymphs can be distinguished by the two brownish, broad bands across the body at the base of the abdomen and at mid-abdomen. Both males and females are quite active; adult males fly readily when disturbed. They are light brown, about 1/2 inches long, have two light, irregular bands along with their wings. The German Roach has two dark, distinctive bands behind their heads.
They don’t require the same moisture resources as the German Roaches, so they are commonly found in furniture, or on the walls and ceilings.
It takes three to four months to develop from eggs to adults and the cockroach may survive for up to one year. Female cockroaches can generate an egg capsule containing up to 40 eggs discarded before hatching. Every female in her lifetime may generate up to 8 egg cases.
Damage Caused by Cockroaches
Cockroaches do not damage buildings or plants and are the second most important source of house flying during a spreading illness. Cockroaches are able, because of their migration across a variety of environments including waste pile piles or sewers, to spread diseases for many, including salmonella bacteria, polio and many sorts of viruses. They are a major problem in many hospitals, hotels, restaurants, bakeries, butcher shops, multi-unit residences and homes, and are found around sinks, behind stoves and refrigerators, in drains and cracks. Cockroaches are active year-round and are attracted to food, water, warmth and shelter. They eat anything and in particular products containing starch. They are nocturnal insects which mean that they are most active at night and any sudden light will cause them to scurry for shelter. Cockroaches can be found under the cleanest of conditions, wherever food and warmth are present. If you have a cockroach problem in your home, office, or any other location and want to get rid of them, contact a professional like us. Ecopest leading professional in cockroach treatment Regina.
Where to Look for Cockroaches
Cockroaches spend the day hiding in dark, secluded areas and come out to eat at night. They can be found around the kitchen sink or drainboard, in cracks around or underneath cupboards and cabinets, or inside them (especially in the upper corners), behind drawers, around pipes or conduits (where they run along or through the wall), behind windows or door frames, behind loose baseboards or moulding strips, on the underside of tables and chairs, in the bathroom, and in radio and television receivers. The German cockroach is most commonly seen in the kitchen and bathroom, though it can be found elsewhere in the house. If you have a cockroach problem in your home, office, or any other location and want to get rid of them, contact a professional like us. Ecopest leading professional pest control service provider for cockroach treatment Edmonton.
The elimination of cockroaches is an extremely difficult and time-consuming project. There are several developed products that Ecopest Inc. has available for application, and due to the nature of cockroaches, an Ecopest Inc. professional may need to be consulted for complete elimination.
Poor sanitation is the root cause of the majority of roach infestations. The main cause of cockroach infestation is an unclean living environment caused by poor housekeeping. More significantly, roaches are extremely mobile pests that may quickly transfer from one unit to another through wall cavities and via plumbing lines. As a result, we strongly advise doing an examination and any necessary preventative maintenance on nearby units in apartment complexes or townhouses.
As the undisputed experts in pest control service, we have vast experience dealing with all forms of pests, including cockroach treatment Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, and other regions of Canada.
Methods of Cockroach Control
– An integrated pest management approach is the most effective method of cockroach control.
Prevention and Sanitation
– Prevention and sanitation can be divided into four categories:
– Elimination of food
– German cockroaches can initially infest a structure when infested grocery bags are brought inside. Inspect groceries for cockroaches before storing. Keep grocery bags in outside storage areas.
– Cockroaches breed prolifically in corrugated cardboard boxes. Discard unnecessary boxes immediately.
– Dwellings such as apartments that are separated by a common wall are particularly difficult situations. An infestation can migrate between apartments via the plumbing encased in a common wall. Therefore, cockroaches from one apartment can easily migrate to another apartment, infesting a “clean” dwelling. To help prevent this, caulk holes in common walls and around plumbing.
Elimination of Water Sources
– Water is the most important factor in cockroach survival. German cockroaches can survive only 12 days with food but no water. However, if only water is present with no food, cockroaches can survive for about 42 days.
Eliminate water sources by doing the following:
– Tighten or patch leaky pipes in kitchen and bathroom areas.
– Do not let water stand in sinks for long periods of time.
– Do not over water indoor plants because accumulated water will be available to cockroaches.
– Empty pans under refrigerators used to catch water from condensation.
– Be aware that pet drinking dishes, aquaria, and pipe condensation (under sinks, in wall voids) can also be sources of moisture.
Elimination of Food Sources
– Cockroaches do not need large amounts of food to survive, especially in the presence of water. Furthermore, food sources can compete with cockroach baits, decreasing their effectiveness.
Elimination of food sources includes:
– Store and dispose of garbage properly. The highest concentration of cockroaches in a home is usually around the garbage can and around the refrigerator.
– Seal garbage can lids to prevent cockroaches from accessing food sources. Also, keep garbage areas clean by wiping frequently.
– Dump sink strainers frequently to prevent food build up.
– Wash dishes immediately after use. Dishes left unwashed are a major source of food for a kitchen infestation.
– Keep kitchen appliances such as toasters, toaster ovens, microwaves, stoves, ovens, and refrigerators free of crumbs and other food debris. In addition, clean the areas around these appliances.
– Reseal all food after opening or store in the refrigerator.
– Seal pet food tightly. Do not leave food and water out all the time.
– Regularly vacuum or sweep under and around furniture where people eat, such as the dining room table. Vacuuming can also remove cockroach egg cases that will not be killed by insecticides. Remember to promptly dispose of the vacuum cleaner bag in an outdoor container.
Elimination of Harbourages
– In addition to food and moisture, cockroaches require a place to live. The cockroach harbourage is critical to its survival. Cockroaches prefer dark places that are warm and moist. Places that provide tight spaces such as stacks of newspaper or cardboard, piles of clothing, or cracks and crevices in structures are ideal.
Eliminate harbourages by doing the following:
– Seal cracks and crevices. Adult cockroaches can fit into cracks only about 1/16 inch and prefer spaces of about 3/8 inch.
– Keep clutter such as newspapers, bags, and clothing from accumulatin
Ecopest is the most trusted pest management service provider for cockroach treatment. If you are facing a problem with a cockroach in your home or office or any place and want to get rid of them, contact a professional like us. We have extensive expertise dealing with all types of pests including cockroach treatment Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon and other parts of Canada, as the indisputable specialists in pest control services.
A: We need to get rid of cockroaches in our house because this is very annoying, unpleasant and not good to our health. This kind of pests brings different kinds of diseases which harms our kids or our family. This is very common problem in our house and very dirty if contaminate into our food it could cause food poison.
Q: Are cockroaches dangerous to our health?
A: Yes, it is very dangerous to our health because this kind of pest brings different kinds of diseases to our body.
Q: Why I can’t find cockroaches hiding place in the morning?
A: It is very hard to look for the hiding place of the cockroaches in the morning because cockroaches are nocturnal pests. Cockroaches are nocturnal which means that they will only start showing in the night.
Q: Where do cockroaches usually stay?
A: Cockroaches are always hiding in the very corner in our house that is dark. This is could be found always in the corner of the cabinet, and also in the kitchen sink that is why we need to clean our kitchen every after we use it to prevent cockroaches in contaminating our kitchen tools.
Q: What is the best way to kill cockroaches?
A: The best way to kill cockroaches is to consult pest control professionals. If you want to do it yourself then you find the hiding place of the cockroaches and use pesticide to get rid of roaches, if you want you can also call Ecopest and ask advice on how to get rid of cockroaches or buy pesticides at Ecopest store.
Q: Is cleaning help how to get rid of cockroaches?
A: Yes, this is the best way how to get rid of cockroaches naturally in our house. We need to clean our house always in order to prevent not only cockroaches but also other pests in the house. Also we are not only preventing pests in cleaning but also we can prevent different kinds of diseases.
Q: What disease we can get from cockroaches?
A: Disease that we can get from cockroaches is usually a food poisoning which the cockroach contaminates the food or the utensils that we are using. This is also one of the reasons why our children are easily got sick because cockroaches bring different kinds of bacteria which lower our immune syste
We have over 50 years of experience in the Pest Industry!