How Pest Control Get Rid of Rats?
Rats may be found all over the world, and there are over 60 kinds of rats that cohabit with humans. There are a few prevalent species in Canada that are known to infest homes and businesses. These are the bushy-tailed woodrat (Neotoma cinerea), the Eurasian black rat (Rattus rattus), and the brown rat (Rattus rattus) (Rattus norvegicus). If you have a rat problem, one of these is most likely to blame. And, in order to get rid of rats, you must first understand the variations in their behavior and nesting practices.
This is why rat infestations necessitate expert solutions from Pest control for rats companies that understand how to deal with various species of rats.
Avoid Rodents Attack
People don’t encounter rats very often, yet evidence of their existence is simple to spot. In order to adopt efficient control techniques or get rid of rats, it is critical to identify which species of rat is present. Sanitation measures, rodent-proofing, and population control are often included in an effective rat control approach (trapping).
- Sanitation / Housekeeping: Rodent pests thrive in areas with easy access to food and water. All food should be stored in airtight containers or rooms. Garbage and trash should be kept in the same manner. Water and food dishes for pets or other items should not be left out overnight, since this can encourage a rat infestation.
- Rodent proofing: As a precautionary step, we propose sealing any potential rodent access points into the structure to physically prevent rats and mice from entering. This can be done by the homeowner or a handyman in some circumstances. The pest controller can supply specifications and carry out rodent proofing of the premises in more difficult home and business contexts.
- Seal any potential access places for rodents, such as sewers and air vents.
- Repair or replace any broken ventilation screens around the foundation and underneath the eaves.
- Provide a tight-fitting crawl space cover.
- All holes surrounding pipes, cables, and wires that enter through walls or the foundation must be sealed.
- Check that any windows that can be opened are screened and in good shape.
- Professional understanding of rodent behavior is required to eliminate a problem; for example, rats avoid bait touched by human hands because they have a keen sense of smell and are “shrewd as a rat.” Sticky traps, mechanical traps, and selective usage of the newest generation rat baits are all possible pest management techniques. Any rat baiting program should employ safety dispensers in places where children and pets cannot get them, such as a roof void, sealed sub-floor, and/or storage rooms.
- Rodents are something we’re extremely familiar with. For example, did you know that each species prefers a certain diet and thrives in a distinct environment? This means you can rely on us to use the most effective rat extermination procedures for each species. Ecopest is the leading Pest control for Rats Company and can also aid with emergency situations; we are available at all times.
Ecopest Professional Pest Control
We at Ecopest will…
- Provide you with a written inspection report as well as a plan of action.
- Quotes should be based on inspection results rather than set prices.
- If necessary, make recommendations for structural repairs.
- Visit frequently till the task is completed.
- Put the bait in tamper-proof containers.
- Educate you on how to keep rats at bay.
- Work with you until the rats are no longer present.
We have extensive expertise dealing with all types of pests in Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon and Canada, as the indisputable specialists in pest and rodent control service. Mice and rats are examples of common rodents. In addition, squirrels, Cockroaches, ants, flies, bed bugs, spiders, hamsters, beavers, porcupines, and other animals present a variety of challenges for residents.
If you want to try our services and want to know more about our pest control company contact us:
Toll Free: 1-866-269-2847
Calgary: (587) 393-6991
Red Deer: (403)-340-3652
Prince Rupert: (250)-622-2847
Grande Prairie: (780)-539-1877
Fort McMurray: (780) 750-8149
Call us anytime, we are always there to help you.
We have over 50 years of experience in the Pest Industry!